Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time for me to complain...

I cant even begin to describe the disappointment I'm feeling right now. You know when you're so excited for something only to find that it's not happening? That kind of let down, like having to cancel your pool party due to a hurricane.

Weeks ago, I had an interview scheduled for a Field Merchandising Coordinator position with Radley London. After it being cancelled due to Snowmageddon 2010 and scheduled 2 weeks later, I have just been informed that my interview (tomorrow) has been cancelled again. No, not weather related, put simply, the position has been put "on hold".

I think the fact that I'm not going to get the chance to interview for this job is worse than going to the interview and not getting the position. At least I would known that the job wasn't a good fit and I could move on to something else. But I had very high hopes for this job. "My perfect job". And now I can't have it.

So, it's back to the drawing board for me. For now, I'll continue to temp and apply for jobs as I have been for the past 18 months.

I just wish at some point something would come through for me. I've paid my dues, I've been patient. It's time for something to come my way.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is disappointing! Try and stay positive. Hopefully the right thing for you is just around the corner...