Monday, December 13, 2010

'Tis the season to... overindulge

My diet is seriously off track. In fact, I have fallen further back in this week than I did over my Thanksgiving at home, including 3 full Thanksgiving dinners.

This week, Craig and I attended 3 Christmas parties (with one after-party) and a birthday celebration accompanied with enough fried food to make even the North Carolina State Fair weep with cardiac fear.

All of the food and drinks of the week and not a single foot in the gym, literally left us flat on our backs Saturday night, a Ginger-Ale on each night stand, sharing a bottle of Pepto Bismol.

I'm feeling slightly better this Monday afternoon, after having a single tomato for dinner Sunday night and a slice of bread with peanut butter on it for breakfast this morning. One thing I have certainly learned: I just can't eat like I used to. I think I have literally shrunk my stomach so that I simply cannot indulge like I have before. When I do, I feel sick, nauseous, and my stomach bloats, leaving me looking like I'm 5 months pregnant. (yikes!)

So, I vow to get back on it! I've still got a ways to go to meet my goal and after a month and a half, I've probably just broken even. Going to try to stay in the negatives moving forward! Hold me to it!

No comments: