Sunday, November 6, 2011

You are amazing!

I screamed and clapped and called out every name I could spot. It is my hope that someday, some stranger will do the same to me.




I spent most of the day at that same 24 mile banner cheering on the runners as they came around the bend. "How much longer until 24?" some of them called out. "Just around the bend!" we would yell back - the finish was so close they could taste it.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about whether or not I am the type to run a marathon. Today, I realized that there is no type of person that runs a marathon. Today's marathoners were tall, short, skinny, fat, young, and old. There were people of all different nationalities, people that had traveled far from home and people who walked to the start from their homes. Anyone CAN be a marathoner, but not everyone IS a marathoner. I think that is what inspires me most.

No comments: