Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Wonderland!

Okay, so it's not exactly a winter wonderland - it's more of a snowy slush, but it's still nice to see some snow in the city.  I've always heard that it was unusual how people below the Mason-Dixon line reacted to snow, but it seems that people up here react the same way.  I expected people to go about their daily lives and see no change in people - but all day people were leaving work, bringing their kids in (schools were closed), and freaking out about it.  Overall, there's only about 3 inches on the ground, which is a substantial amount, but still, I was surprised at the reaction of "New Yorkers".  

I'm staying in tonight - which is a little sad because Friday is normally my 'night out on the town', but it's just too gross out.  It was a treacherous journey to my apartment from the subway station - I was slipping and sliding all over the place.  Not because of ice, but because of slush - which, I found is harder to walk in than ice!  By the time I got home, my shoes were soaked through and my jeans had absorbed water almost up to my knees.  I certainly didn't dress for the snow.  Though it may sound like it, it was not miserable - I was very content to be walking in the snow/ice, it wasn't that cold out and the snow makes the city look pure and clean.  (Not that the city is 'dirty' - I've certainly seen worse, but still)  

Tomorrow, I plan to do some shopping and take some pictures of the Christmas decorations around the city.  Hopefully, some of the slush will be cleared away and moving about the city won't be a suicide mission.  

I feel like this blog is incredibly boring so far - but, my life seems to be a bit boring as well.  I basically get up, go to work, come home, jog/rest, and go to bed.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

I promise that when my life becomes more exciting, I'll bring you all along for the ride : )

Stay warm!

No comments: