Saturday, April 4, 2009

Antsy!!


So, I'm sitting here in my apartment on a gloomy Saturday morning, but I'm so happy! A bus with 4 of my bestest friends is on its way to the city right now! I've been looking forward to this since January!!!! EeeeeEEE!!!

Though it will be a short weekend, I'm thrilled to have people in the city that I know and love - and those who understand what it's like to come from small towns : )

This week is going to be the best week.. My Mebane friends are coming RIGHT NOW - I only work 3 days next week, and then I'm on a plane headed back to NC for a long weekend! What a refreshing break that will be - to be back in a place where I'm comfortable, around people I love and people who understand me. I miss my family so much - I never had the transition period most do, when their first year at college is also their first year away from home and family. Hello? I could get from my front door to my dorm room in 18 minutes. (If I needed to - ha!) So, I never really had to sever the cord of close relationship with my parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Now, I'm having to do just that. I am away from everyone - and it's very hard. Especially when you tack on the responsibility of having to take care of myself too (emotionally, physically, and financially).

Though, I will admit, it's getting easier.

But, for now, I'm head-first into a wonderful weekend with home-town friends! I'll definitely post some of our adventures when it's all said and done : )

Until then, readers. Adieu!

What I love about New York: awesome friends visiting for the weekend!
What I hate about New York: Chinatown bus delays

No comments: